Classes 160 to 163: Crafts and Hobbies
Chairperson: Steve Thompson
Contact: (905) 476-1646
Committee: Brenda Thompson, Joshua Thompson, Caleb Thompson
The General Rules of the Sutton Agricultural Society shall apply.
- All crafts must have a patch of material, yarn or threads attached to each entry which provides proof of authenticity.
- Items requiring “SPECIAL CARE” please see a volunteer to ensue the craft is placed in a covered case.
- Only items constructed since last year’s Fair can be submitted. Items must be made after Aug. 8th, 2022 unless otherwise specified.
- No kits unless specified in that section.
- ‘OPEN’ categories are only to be used for sections not already specified.
- All items stated ‘Ready to hang’ must be prepared securely for hanging or they will not be hung or judged.
- All exhibitors must be an amateur. A person who relies on selling their work as their main source of income will be considered professional. Anyone who enters a finished product and is found to be a professional will be disqualified from the judging process.
1st: $4.00; 2nd: $3.00; 3rd:$2.00
Best in Show: $25.00
Class 160: Crafts and Hobbies
- Flower Container
- Twig Art
- Build a Bird House – using any material
- Painted picture of a garden
- Recycling – old garden utensil decorated
- Best dresses (handmade clothing to be judged, please include sample of material
- Open item – stuffed
- Painted, open
- Painted, Birdhouse
- Recycling, Bird Feeder
- Greeting Card, any occasion
- One Scrapbook page (12” x 12”) in plastic cover – ‘Barns, Farms & Tractors”
- One Scrapbook page (12” x 12”) in plastic cover – ‘Summer Fun’
- Paper tissue craft
- Paper mache – open
- From Pioneer Days to Modern Ways – Made out of dough art, painted and decorated
- From Pioneer Days to Modern Ways – Scrapbook page (12” x 12”) in plastic cover
- From Pioneer Days to Modern Ways – Open
- Re purposed denim item
- Re purposed Earth – friendly tote bag
- Flashiest theme hat
- Recycling – lost mitten’s friends
Odds and Ends
- Recycling – re purposed container
- Decorated tea towel or dish cloth
- Fridge magnet
- Decoration with horseshoes
- Summer Bouquet
- Yellow, black & white
- Most unusual collection
*See volunteers for assistance with display of special care items
Open – Adults Only
- Maximum 3 items per entrant
Class 162: Woodworking
- Specify the type of wood used.
- Small Furniture Piece
- Stool or Chair
- My 1st Woodworking Project (please include explanation)
- High School made woodworking project
- Lathed Item
- Theme – From Pioneer Days to Modern Ways
Class 163: Hand Carving
- One Item, Wood
- One item, Walking Stick
- One Item, Bar of Soap
- One Item, Carved Apple
- Theme – From Pioneer Days to Modern Ways (woodworking)